Monday, December 9, 2013

Update Regarding Affiliation with Peaceful Streets

Due to the volume of press releases written by the Peaceful Streets Project, the Austin City Police Department, along with articles, and other online references to my arrest with the Peaceful Streets Project, I want to clarify that I have not been a part of the organization since November 2012. I believe in the general mission of police accountability activism, but since my departure from the organization I have not and do not endorse the methodology or tactics of the Peaceful Streets Project.  All press releases regarding my experiences and my arrest with the organization were written without my consent or consultation. Additionally, I have not and do not authorize anyone from the organization to speak on my behalf.
Thank you.